Saturday 11 June 2016

Looker Window Addons


I was waiting for Dine Out to come and decided to start building my restaurant in anticipation. I really love the looker windows that came with the base-game, but only being in 2 tile meant they had limited use. So since we can now make windows easily with S4S, I went about making some size variants to give a bit more choice, and this is the final result.

These windows have both a standard and diagonal wall mesh, and both have been edited for the new sizes. Maxis also priced the tall wall variations weirdly compared to the other 2 sizes, so I just went with it despite it being odd for the sake of consistency. I have also included a default replacement for the short 2 tile window since Maxis botched the cutout and you could see the wall within the frame.

Updates: 

  • 11/06/2016 - Maxis added a new style to some build mode items including the standard looker windows, so I have updated these addons to include this new option. Please redownload if you wish to have it. 
  • 21/06/2019 - Cutouts did not abide by DDS image ratio rules and have been updated for 3 tile variants
  • 28/10/2020: Now compatible with patch 1.66 new cutout system
Details:
  • basegame compatible
  • 9 original colour options
  • costs:
    - 1 Tile short/medium/tall: $244/$304/$29
    - 3 Tile short/medium/tall: $246/$306/$31
  • custom thumbnails
  • found in respective wall height door section of build mode
  • Polycount:
    - 1 Tile short standard/diagonal: 180/200
    - 1 Tile medium standard/diagonal: 192/180
    - 1 Tile tall standard/diagonal: 256/256
    - 3 Tile short standard/diagonal: 280/280
    - 3 Tile medium standard/diagonal: 272/384
    - 3 Tile tall standard/diagonal: 360/472
The archive contains the package file and style image inside a folder. Extract the archive using winRAR or winZIP and drop the package file in your mods folder and look for it in-game. 

Download:

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I really fell in love with these windows when I found them on pinterest. I noticed that this is an old cc but I wanted to know if you were planning on updated them to match the September 21st, 2021 color update that we got from EA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise they added colours to the windows. At this time I don't have plans, but can look at it when I get some spare time.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Are you planing on updating these windows with the new swatches ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geeze, I didn't realise they added so many more styles. TBH the set would probably need to be remade at this point to accommodate that many new styles. Not something that would happen in the immediate future.

      Delete